When it comes to a quality toilet brand, look no further than American Standard toilets.
Review of the American Standard ActiClean Toilet (2023)
Our team reviewed and collected important facts about the ActiClean toilet and looked over the features.
“A self-cleaning toilet at THIS price? It feels too good to be true but the American Standard ActiClean lives to tell the tale.”
TODAY’S DEAL on LOWES TODAY’S DEAL on AMAZON
- Flush Score:
- Water Consumption: 1.28
- Bowl Shape: Elongated
- Flushing System: VorMax flush
- Cleaning Cycles: Quick or Deep cleaning
- Style: Two-Piece
- Bowl Coating: EverClean surface
Dimensions (sourced from manual):
Toilet – 30-3/16″ x 20-11/16″ x 31-3/8″
- – 12″
- – 2 1/16″
- – 17.5″
This unique unit is tiny but mighty, only weighing 50 pounds!
The ActiClean has the highest MaP score of 1,000 grams. Using 1.28 gallons per flush, the unit saves you about 20 percent on your annual water usage, compared to a traditional 1.6 unit!
The ActiClean comes with the ultra-strong VorMax flushing system, which uses 70% of its water usage on cleaning the bowl and the remaining 30% on starting the siphon and removing waste.
The toilet has dual injection flush valves for optimal bowl rinsing.
The toilet’s glazed trapway also prevents waste from sticking and reduces the chance of waste sticking and enhancing flushing power.
A chrome metal trip lever is installed on the toilet’s lefthand side.
Design and Style
The ActiClean has two cycles: quick clean and deep clean. Quick Clean is used for regular upkeep as opposed to the Deep Clean setting.
A Quick Clean cycle lasts only one minute while the thorough Deep Clean cycle lasts ten minutes, leaving behind a fragrant, sparkling bowl. Just select your cleaning setting by pressing the button on top of the tank!
The self-cleaning mechanism operated on 4AA batteries with up to a year of battery life. Four AA batteries are included so you can use the toilet immediately after installation!
But the cleanliness doesn’t stop there. The toilet comes with the classic American Standard EverClean glaze which inhibits the growth of stain and odor-causing bacteria. The ActiClean’s CleanCurve Rim also eliminates the surface area where grime buildup may occur.
This unit is ADA-compliant, with a comfortable rim height of 16.5” and an elongated bowl. The toilet comes with a high-quality plastic seat with no slip bumpers and a quick-release button for quick seat removal. Two color-matched bolts are included.
A lifetime warranty on chinaware, ten-year warranty on mechanical parts, and one year warranty for electronics and the seat are included.
The toilet is only available in white. You will receive a tank, toilet seat, wax ring, and bowl, but no supply line.
Pro and Cons
- Self-cleaning options with two settings
- Batteries included
- 1.28 gpf
- Some users received the bowl cracked upon delivery
Summary of Reviews
Users find the American Standard ActiClean to be a fantastic piece. Users cite the toilet’s fresh fragrance, thorough scrubbing, and easy installation as its main selling point.
Positive reviews also say that the toilet over-delivers at its relatively affordable price. The most common complaint is about the toilet’s state upon arrival.
Unfortunately, some users have received the toilet cracked, yet the issue was resolved after a call to customer service.