Choosing a new toilet for your bathroom calls for more than just presentation. There are toilets available on the market that are not only aesthetically elegant, but have excellent features. The Woodbridge T-0001 dual flush toilet is one such product.
- Design & Specifications
- WoodBridge T-0001 – An Alluring Choice
- Impressive Features
- Highlighted Benefits
- Pros and Cons
- WoodBridge T-0001 vs. T-0019 vs. T-0020
- Comparison Table
- Price Comparison
- WoodBridge Alternatives
- Installation Instructions
- Adjusting Stem Length
- Final Thoughts
Design & Specifications
|Dimensions (DxWxH):||28.5 x 14.5 x 27.5 inches|
|Seat Height:||17.25 inches, including toilet seat|
|Flushing System:||Dual-mode flush with siphon jet|
|Water Consumption:||1.28 gallons per flush average |
[1.6 GPF (full) / 1.0 GPF (light)]
|Warranty:||1-Year Warranty |
Limited 5-Year Warranty on porcelain
WoodBridge T-0001 – An Alluring Choice
WoodBridge toilet reviews online show how this product has been gaining popularity due to its sleek modern look and its efficient flushing system. Read on to see how the WoodBridge T-0001 toilet may be a great option to consider.
The WoodBridge toilet offers so much more than its aesthetic appeal. Here’s a list of seven important features to help your buying decision.
✓ Easy-to-Clean, Single-Piece and Skirted Design
The build and polishing allow for no-hassle wiping.
✓ Comfort Height
At 17.25” from the bathroom floor, many regard this as the ideal seat height.
✓ Elongated Toilet Seat
The shape provides comfortable sitting.
✓ Soft-Close Seat
Prevents both the toilet seat and lid from slamming hard into the toilet rim.
✓ Dual Flush System
Dual-option mechanism lessens water use, providing more efficient flushing at only 1.28 GPF.
✓ Fully-Glazed Trapway
There is interior glazing from the toilet bowl discharge to the closet bend, which minimizes the possibility of clogging.
✓ Siphonic Jet Discharge and Trapway Design System
This creates more suction power at the discharge for a better flush.
In addition to the above features, we listed several highlighted benefits to consider.
- WaterSense Certified
- UPC (Uniform Plumbing Code) certified in the USA
- CSA (Canadian Standards Association) certified in Canada
- ADA Compliant
- 1-year warranty for its flush mechanism, soft close seat, and lid
- 5-year limited warranty on its ceramic porcelain
Pros and Cons
Below is a summary of the exceptional features we’ve pointed so far about this WoodBridge model. Additionally, we list several concerns you should consider:
To help you decide better, please watch this video review about the product.
WoodBridge T-0001 vs. T-0019 vs. T-0020
We compared all three models and found many similarities between them.
- All three are dual flush toilets
- They are one-piece models
- All have a sleek and elegant ceramic finish that makes them easy to sanitize.
- Each has an elongated seats that feature a soft-close functionality.
- All three have an efficient dual flush mechanism and provide a fully glazed trapway with a siphon flushing.
- They all have essentially the same water-efficient feature, and they offer similar advantages you get from using any WoodBridge toilet.
- The obvious differences among them are related to aesthetic design and comfort features.
Check out this table below for comparison:
The T-0001 is the most affordable. T-0020 is 50% more expensive. Likewise, the T-0019 is slightly more expensive than the T-0001 due to the vitreous material it’s made of. Note that it has the same material as that of the T-0020. This strong china makes it more resistant to accidental scraping and proves durable against potentially damaging mishaps.
Of the best one-piece toilets on the market today, the TOTO Ultramax II is worth mentioning. Likewise, it has a slightly higher customer rating than the WoodBridge toilet. It has the same low water consumption, but its price is more than double when compared to the T-0001.
Here we list two alternative toilets that compare well to the Woodbridge T-0001 model.
1. Toto UltraMax II
Another toilet models that has the same low water consumption is the Toto UltraMax II. This is more than double the price, though. There is also the Kohler Santa Rosa which is 41% more expensive. Lastly, there is the Swiss Madison SM-1T254 which is 83% more expensive.
Customers rank these three units a little lower than WoodBridge toilets, and they retail higher than the T-0001. However, the BAI 1009 Contemporary Toilet comes close to the price of the T-0001. However, it has a much lower customer rating and averages 1.6 gallons per flush.
2. WoodBridge T-0033
This unit comes closest in price (by a few dollars) and features to the T-0001 is the WoodBridge T-0033. Still, this is a lower-level model compared to the T-0001. Sacrificing a better aesthetic design and level upgrade to save little isn’t worth it. The T-0001 is still the best choice here.
Installing the WoodBridge toilet T-0001 is not a simple project. We recommend hiring a professional for installation.
Here’s a list of primary tools needed when installing this toilet.
- Safety glasses
- Rubber gloves
- Protective or painter’s face mask
- A large sponge & bucket
- One large soft cloth
- Some large cleaning rags
- Measuring tape
- Construction marker/pencil
- Construction level
- Construction cutter/knife
- Putty knife
- Caulking gun
- Screwdriver (Philips)
- Hand wrench
- Adjustable wrench
- Adjustable socket extension
- Channel-lock pliers or vise grip
Make sure your WoodBridge T-0001 unit is free from damage. Check that all the components that come with it are in the package. It should include a soft-close toilet seat and a wax ring. It should have 2 sets of floor bolts, along with nuts and washers. Be sure to store the ring somewhere with a temperature within 70-75°F.
Step 1 – Toilet Removal
If you haven’t yet removed the old toilet you wish to replace, follow these nine removal steps.
- Pour a mixture of bleach and cleaner into the toilet. Let the mixture stay a while to neutralize the odor later when you remove the toilet unit.
- Flush the toilet a few times until the water is clear. Then turn off your home water supply.
- Empty your home toilet tank. Remove the cover and utilize one large sponge to absorb any water left in it.
- Disconnect the hose that supplies water to the unit. You may access that by the back of the toilet unit, located at the bottom of the tank.
- Remove the tank first by unscrewing the nuts from the mounting bolts. The nuts (both sides of the toilet) are at the underside of the toilet back end where the tank connects. Inspect if there is a third one in the middle.
- Remove the bolt caps from both sides of the toilet. Then unbolt the whole unit from the floor. Do this by unscrewing the nuts off of the two floor bolts.
- Remove the water that’s in the toilet bowl. Use the large sponge to soak it up.
- Surround the toilet base with enough cleaning rags. This way, you soak up any water left that may spill when you remove the toilet bowl.
- Remove the toilet bowl. Do this by breaking the wax seal. Gently move the bowl from side to side as you carefully lift it straight and level. Use the large soft cloth to cushion the toilet bowl when you put it aside somewhere.
Step 2 – Closet Flange Preparation
- Flanged Plug or Cleaning Rags – cover the closet flange and prevent sewer gasses from entering your home. Use rubber gloves during this process.
- Remove Old Wax Ring – use a putty knife to remove from the closet flange and clean any remaining sealant residue.
- Clean and Disinfect – prepare closet flange area for the new toilet.
Step 3 – Installation Step-by-Step
Finish the above preparations and complete the toilet removal. Then follow the next steps below. Make sure your gloves and safety glasses are on. Lastly, wear a mask before you proceed with the following five steps.
1. Check Measurements
First, measure the length, width, and height of the WoodBridge T-0001 toilet. Check if it fits well in the designated area.
Be sure the space between the middle of the closet flange and the bathroom wall is according to standard. This should measure exactly 12″. If this is not the case, you will need to work on adjusting the hole and the closet flange according to standard.
2. Prepare Closet Flange
Install the 2 closet bolts that come with the WoodBridge package. Do this by inserting the bolt heads into their designated holes on the closet flange. Then slide the two bolts until they lock in place and align horizontally.
Next, use the large soft cloth as a cushion. Then place the WoodBridge toilet sideways on the floor. Have its bottom side facing you. Be extra careful not to damage any part of the toilet.
Next, attach the wax ring that comes in the package. This connects to the discharge hole on the bottom part of your toilet. Remember that the black color portion should be sticking out.
3. Closet Flange Mounting
Carefully place the toilet unit on the closet flange. Make sure the bolts go through the unit’s mounting holes, and the wax ring sits right on the closet flange hole. Do not allow the toilet unit to tilt either forward, backward, or sideways. This can compromise the seal the wax ring will create. If this happens, it’s best to replace the wax ring.
Compress the wax ring by sitting on the toilet. The pressure from your weight allows the wax ring to form a tight seal. The tight seal comes around the toilet discharge and the closet pipe.
Using the level, make sure the toilet levels straight on the floor. Use shims if necessary.
Then, insert the washers into the closet bolts and screw in the nuts. Don’t tighten it too much to avoid any damage to the ceramic base.
4. Connect Water Supply – Check for Leaks
Link the toilet to the water supply. Do this by connecting the supply hose to the threaded inlet pipe at the bottom of the tank at the back of the toilet. Do not tighten it too much as it might damage the connection and cause leaking.
Check the connection and the toilet thoroughly for any leaks. Do this as you go through these steps:
- First, open the water supply valve.
- Second, fill up the tank.
- Lastly, check the flusher a few times.
Remember to check the flusher while observing the base of the toilet. Ensure the wax ring has properly sealed the connection of the toilet discharge to the closet pipe.
Check the hose connection, the tank, and the wax ring for any leaks. You do this by checking around the base and at the back of the toilet. Do this every day for about a week or so after the installation.
5. Seal Toilet Base – Silicone
If you used shims to level the toilet, cut off any protruding portions at the base of the toilet.
Surround the base of your unit with silicone. Let dry for 24 hours before making the toilet available for use.
Adjusting Stem Length
Some might find that the flush buttons do not activate the flushing system as expected right away. If it’s requiring extra pressure to activate, the stems might need adjustment. To fix this, lift the tank lid to adjust the stem lengths. Do this by turning the two screws you see underneath the lid.
In conclusion, the T-0001 is only a mid-level model among the WoodBridge toilet line but it appears much like a first-class product. Its price is cheap, but it has features comparable with more expensive toilet brands and models. You get to enjoy a sleek, elegant, and high-end-looking contemporary toilet with a very powerful and efficient dual flush system.