Few people may get to shop around for toilets. And those that do often notice the aesthetically appealing ones. Now, stylish design for toilets is a good consideration point. But choosing the new toilet for your bathroom goes more than just presentation. There are toilets available in the market that are not only aesthetically elegant. But they also present more excellent features. And the Woodbridge T-0001 Dual Flush Toilet is one such product.
Design & Specifications
|Dimensions (DxWxH):||28.5 x 14.5 x 27.5 inches|
|Seat Height:||17.25 inches, including toilet seat|
|Flushing System:||Dual-mode flush with siphon jet|
|Water Consumption:||1.28 gallons per flush average|
[1.6 GPF (full) / 1.0 GPF (light)]
Limited 5-Year Warranty on porcelain
The WoodBridge toilet T-0001 does not follow the shape of standard round bowls you often see. This is a dual flush elongated single piece toilet. And it provides comfortable seating and powerful flushing.
Moreover, this WoodBridge toilet has a white ceramic finish and it has a quick release seat fitting. Additionally, the toilet seat is 17.25″ from the floor. And this is about the same seat height as an average chair.
The WoodBridge T0001 has a very efficient dual flush system. It features a regular full flush and it also gives you a second option to use a smaller amount of water. However, it uses almost the same flushing power as that of a regular flush. Indeed, this is a very economical dual mode flush design. And its water usage only averages 1.28 GPF.
Why WoodBridge T-0001 Is a Better Option?
WoodBridge toilet reviews online show how this product has been gaining acceptance. And it’s a toilet unit most people talk about. You’ll also see it on different listings topping the market. This is due to its noticeable sleek modern look. And it’s also because of its efficient flushing system. Read on to see how the WoodBridge T-0001 toilet may be a great option to consider.
Main Features of WoodBridge toilet
The WoodBridge toilet offers so much more other than its aesthetic appeal. Here are several things any toilet shopper would be happy to consider about this awesome product.
- Easy-to-clean single-piece skirted design. The build and polishing allow a no-hassle wiping.
- Comfort height. At 17.25” from the bathroom floor, many regard this as the ideal seat height.
- Elongated toilet seat. This shape, for most people, provides more comfortable seating.
- Soft-close seat. This prevents both the toilet seat and lid from slamming hard into the toilet rim. This happens when it slips or someone accidentally knocks it over.
- Dual flush system. The dual-option mechanism lessens water use. And it provides more efficient flushing.
- Fully-glazed trapway. There is interior glazing from the toilet bowl discharge to the closet bend. And this intends to minimize the possibility of clogging.
- Lastly, a siphonic jet discharge and trapway design system. This creates more suction power at the discharge for a better flush.
It sports an elongated seating at 17.25” from the floor. And many are likely to find this toilet comfortable to sit on. Furthermore, since it is ADA compliant, it is very ideal for elderly people and those with mobility problems. Note that the American Disabilities Act advises higher seating toilets for them.
The WoodBridge dual flush design is a very efficient system. Because it maximizes lesser water use. It has a light flush, which uses only 1 GPF, and a full flush, which uses 1.6 GPF, making its average water consumption 1.28 GPF.
This is possible due to its siphonic jet discharge in its fully-glazed trapway. And these two features help make flushing easier. That is even with just less than half of the amount of water used in regular single flush toilets.
Benefits of WoodBridge T-0001
In addition to the above conveniences, more noteworthy benefits to consider are:
- Firstly, it is WaterSense Certified.
- Secondly, it is UPC (Uniform Plumbing Code) certified in the USA.
- Thirdly, it is CSA (Canadian Standards Association) certified in Canada.
- Fourthly, it is ADA Compliant.
- Fifthly, it has a 1-year warranty for its flush mechanism, soft close seat, and lid.
- Lastly, it has a 5-year limited warranty on its ceramic porcelain.
Pros and Cons
Next, here is a summary of the exceptional features we’ve pointed so far about this WoodBridge model. Additionally, we list several concerns you should consider:
To help you weigh things better, you can check out this video review about this product.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a WoodBridge Toilet
The design and presentation are quite premium. So toilet shoppers will likely take interest in WoodBridge T-0001. But as with buying any appliance, there are several things we need to consider to be sure we have no regrets later. The following is a list of things toilet buyers should carefully research.
- How is their customer service?
- Next, are replacement parts easily available?
- Furthermore, is the unit easy to install? (Might be best to ask your plumber about this.)
- Also, how competitive is the price?
- Likewise, is there anything cheaper with the same design and features?
- Moreover, is the seat height right for your household?
- Lastly, what is the average GPF? (Older models average around 3.5GPF.)
Remember to check product reviews for other possible concerns you haven’t anticipated.
WoodBridge T-0001 vs T-0019 vs T-0020
These three WoodBridge dual flush toilets are all one-piece models. They have a sleek and elegant ceramic finish. And that makes them easy toilet units to sanitize. Plus, they all have elongated seats that feature a soft close functionality. They also come with an efficient dual flush mechanism. And they provide a fully glazed trapway with a siphon flushing. Moreover, all three essentially have the same water-efficient feature. And they offer similar advantages you get from using any WoodBridge toilet. But the obvious differences among them fall on aesthetic design and comfort features.
So let’s check out this table below for comparison:
Note that the T-0001 and the T-0019 are similar in shape and design, except for the seat height. Furthermore, the T-0020 has a standard seat height. And this is common among older toilet models. Now, doctors recommend a lower seat height for shorter people. Because the seating position helps against constipation. Additionally, the rectangular shape also of the T-0020 toilet seat maintains comfort.
By price comparison, the T-0001 may run the cheapest. Additionally, T-0020 is 50% more expensive. Likewise, the T-0019 is slightly more expensive than the T-0001. This is mainly owing to the vitreous material. Note that it has the same material as that of the T-0020. This strong china makes it more resistant to accidental scraping. And it proves durable against potentially damaging mishaps.
Alternatives to WoodBridge T-0001
Of the best one-piece toilets on the market today, the TOTO Eco Ultramax is worth mentioning. Likewise, it has a slightly higher customer rating than the WoodBridge toilet. Furthermore, it has the same low water consumption. But its price is more than double when compared to the T-0001.
Toto UltraMax II
Other toilet models that have the same low water consumption are the Toto UltraMax II. This is more than double the price, though. There is also the KOHLER Santa Rosa. But that is 41% more expensive. Lastly, there is the Swiss Madison SM-1T254. But it is 83% more expensive.
But customers rank these three units a little lower than WoodBridge toilets. And they retail higher than the T-0001. However, one comes close at price to the T-0001. And this is the BAI 1009 Contemporary Toilet. However, it has a much lower customer rating. And it averages 1.6 gallons per flush.
Lastly, there is one closest in price (by a few dollars) and features to the T-0001. It is the WoodBridge T-0033. But this is a lower-level model compared to the T-0001. Sacrificing a better aesthetic design and level upgrade to save little isn’t worth it. So the T-0001 may still be the best choice here.
Installing the WoodBridge toilet T-0001 is not a simple project. That’s why you’d better get a professional to work on its installation. But do it if you know your way around construction works like this. And also if you have experience doing such projects yourself.
Now, here are the primary tools you need to prepare:
- Safety glasses
- Rubber gloves
- Protective or painter’s face mask
- A large sponge & bucket
- One large soft cloth
- Some large Cleaning rags
- Measuring tape
- A construction marker/ pencil
- One construction level
- A Construction cutter/ knife
- Putty knife
- Caulking gun
- Screwdriver (Philips)
- Hand wrench
- Adjustable wrench
- Adjustable socket extension
- Lastly, channel lock pliers or vise grip
Firstly, make sure your WoodBridge T-0001 unit is free from damage. Check that all the components that come with it are in the package. It should include a soft-close toilet seat and a wax ring. It should have 2 sets of floor bolts, along with the nut and washer. Be sure to store the ring somewhere with a temperature within 70-75°F.
If you haven’t yet removed the old toilet you wish to replace, follow these steps:
- Firstly, pour a mixture of bleach and cleaner into the toilet. Let the mixture stay a while to neutralize the odor later when you remove the toilet unit.
- After that, flush the toilet a few times until the water is clear. Then turn off your home water supply to the toilet.
- Flush the toilet and empty your home toilet tank. Remove the cover and utilize one large sponge to absorb any water left in it.
- After this, disconnect the hose that supplies water to the unit. You may access that by the back of the toilet unit, located at the bottom of the tank.
- If it is a two-piece toilet unit, remove the tank first by unscrewing the nuts from the mounting bolts. The nuts (both sides of the toilet) are at the underside of the toilet back end where the tank connects. Inspect if there is a third one in the middle.
- After that, remove the bolt caps from both sides of the toilet. Then unbolt the whole unit from the floor. Do this by unscrewing the nuts off of the two floor bolts.
- Then remove the water that’s in the toilet bowl. Use the large sponge to soak it up.
- Next, surround the toilet base with enough cleaning rags. This way, you soak up any water left that may spill when you remove the toilet bowl.
- After that, remove the toilet bowl. Do this by breaking the wax seal. Gently move the bowl from side to side as you carefully lift it straight and level. Use the large soft cloth to cushion the toilet bowl when you put it aside somewhere.
Preparation of the Closet Flange
- Then use a flanged plug or enough cleaning rags. They should cover the closet flange and prevent sewer gasses from polluting the air in your home. Make sure you put on the rubber gloves until you finish the last of these steps.
- Next, use the putty knife. It is to remove the old wax ring from the closet flange and to clean it of any remaining old sealant residue.
- Lastly, clean and disinfect the closet flange area. This is to prepare it for the installing of your new toilet.
WoodBridge Unit Installation
Finish the above preparations and complete the toilet removal. Then follow the next steps below. Make sure your gloves and safety glasses are there. Lastly, have the mask on before you proceed with the following steps.
1. Check Measurements
Firstly, measure the length, width, and height of the WoodBridge T-0001 toilet. And check if it fits well in the designated area. Next, make sure there is enough room to go about during your installation.
Be sure the space between the middle of the closet flange and the bathroom wall is according to standard. This should measure exactly 12″. If this is not the case, you will need to work on adjusting the hole and the closet flange according to standard.
2. Ready the Closet Flange and the WoodBridge T-0001 for Installation
Next, install the 2 closet bolts that come with the WoodBridge package. Do this by inserting the bolt heads into their designated holes on the closet flange. Then slide the two bolts until they lock in place and align horizontally.
Next, use the large soft cloth as a cushion. Then place the WoodBridge toilet sideways on the floor. Have its bottom side facing you. Be extra careful not to damage any part of the toilet.
Next, attach the wax ring that comes in the package. This connects to the discharge hole on the bottom part of your toilet. Remember that the black color portion should be sticking out.
3. Mount the WoodBridge Toilet on the Closet Flange
Carefully place the toilet unit on the closet flange. Make sure the bolts go through the unit’s mounting holes, and the wax ring sits right on the closet flange hole. Do not allow the toilet unit to tilt either forward, backward, or sideways. Because this can compromise the seal the wax ring will create. If this turns out, you’d better replace the wax ring.
Compress the wax ring by sitting on the toilet. The pressure from your weight allows the wax ring to form a tight seal. The tight seal comes around the toilet discharge and the closet pipe.
Using the level, make sure the toilet levels straight on the floor. Use shims if necessary.
Then, insert the washers into the closet bolts and screw in the nuts. Don’t tighten it too much to avoid any damage to the ceramic base.
4. Connect It to the Water Supply and Check for Leaks
Link the toilet to the water supply. Do this by connecting the supply hose to the threaded inlet pipe at the bottom of the tank. (This is at the back of the toilet). Do not tighten it too much as it might damage the connection and cause leaking.
Check the connection and the toilet thoroughly for any leaks. Do this as you go through these steps:
- First, open the water supply valve.
- Second, fill up the tank.
- Lastly, check the flusher a few times.
Remember to check the flusher while observing the base of the toilet. Ensure the wax ring has properly sealed the connection of the toilet discharge to the closet pipe.
Check the hose connection, the tank, and the wax ring for any leaks. You do this by checking around the base and at the back of the toilet. Do this every day for about a week or so after the installation.
5. Seal the Toilet Base With Silicone
If you used shims to level the toilet, cut off any protruding portions of any of the shims at the base of the toilet.
Surround the base of your unit with silicone. And let it dry for 24 hours before making the toilet available for use.
What Is Height from Floor to Seat?
The toilet bowl rim of the WoodBridge is 16.5″ from the floor. It is 17.25″ from the floor to the toilet seat. As we mentioned, comfortable height is ideal for tall house members, the elderly, and a family with mobility issues. Because it is not good that they squat very low.
How Do You Adjust the Length of the Stems?
Some might find that the flush buttons do not activate flushing system as expected right away. If it is requiring extra pressure to activate, the stems might need adjustment. Do this by lifting the tank lid. Then adjust the stem lengths. Do this by turning the two screws you see underneath the lid.
In conclusion, the T-0001 is only a mid-level model among the WoodBridge toilet line. But it appears much like a first-class product. Its price is cheap. But it has features comparable with more expensive toilet brands and models. It is just a fraction of the price of the more popular brands. So you get to enjoy a sleek, elegant, and high-end looking contemporary toilet. And it gives you a very powerful and efficient dual flush system. So you conserve water consumption.