Unlike traditional toilets, smart toilets are a lot more advanced, with several innovative features that ensure optimal convenience and user comfort. Smart toilets usually contain features like automatic dryers, heated seats, self-closing seats, and more. With built-in technology, smart toilets meet the user’s specific needs and preferences.
For a better understanding of smart toilets, we’ll include any toilet capable of performing other functions beyond just flushing to remove waste. For example, other features could include:
- Bidet Toilet Seats: Bidets are a newly popular, hygienic way of clean yourself after using the toilet. These toilet seats have built-in showers to clean yourself directly with water, many of which allow you to control both water temperature and pressure. Furthermore, some bidet seats also feature dryers that you can use to dry yourself after using the bidet shower, saving on toilet paper
- Automatic Flushing: Some models feature automatic flushing where that the toilet activates the flush automatically as soon as you get up from the seat. You have no need to activate the flush manually as the toilet will automatically clear waste each time
- Self-Cleaning Feature: You can also find smart toilets that automatically clean themselves whenever needed. These toilets maintain optimal sanitation levels without requiring the user to go through the usual cleaning steps.
In addition to the above, smart toilets can also include self-deodorization, night-lights, built-in speakers, heated toilet seats, and much more.
Smart Toilet vs. Traditional Toilet
A smart toilet is better than a traditional toilet in many ways because it provides increased sanitation, hygiene, convenience, and comfort to its users. Smart toilets are the perfect solution for people that have sensitive skin or specific bathroom needs. Additionally, some features are environmentally-friendly, like bidet seats which save on toilet paper consumption each month.
Here are five great benefits to using a smart toilet.
Smart toilets are considered more hygienic than traditional toilets because most of these toilets are completely touch-free and voice-assisted. Some models are also remote controlled, meaning the user can perform all functions with a single click. Additionally, some smart toilets have self-cleaning features that ensure proper maintenance and sanitation of the toilet.
Most smart models are smaller in size compared to traditional toilets, saving space in the bathroom. If you’re looking for a new toilet to fit a smaller bathroom, a compact smart toilet could be an excellent option for you.
3. Low Water Consumption
It is vital for a toilet to be environmental-friendly – something that smart models do a pretty good job at considering. Many smart toilets are water-efficient and consume less water compared to traditional toilets without affecting the performance of the flushing system.
4. Convenient for differently-abled users
Smart toilets are considered friendly for differently-abled users because they do everything on their own without requiring additional physical actions. For example, the bidet seat cleans you automatically, auto-flushing flushes the toilet for you, the dryer dries you after using the bidet, and much more.
5. Additional Customized Benefits
On top of the above items, if you have other specific features in mind, you can usually find a smart toilet that meets your needs. For example, some smart toilets come with an automatic lid, which allows you to open the toilet lid without touching it. If you’re looking for comfort no matter when you use your toilet, look for a model with adjustable seat warmers and a nightlight, which will ensure the best bathroom experience day and night.
Pros and Cons
Like every unit, smart toilets also have their pros and cons. For example, smart toilets save space, consume less water, and are excellent for both elderly and differently-abled persons. On the other hand, smart toilets are more expensive, require electricity, and take time to learn how to use. Further, in case of any damage, the repair might cost more than it would for a standard toilet.
With rising interests in technology, many homeowners are installing smart toilets around the world. We hope this article helped show how these toilets work and why a smart toilet may be the perfect choice for you.